Who are we?
The Nottingham Trent University Chamber Choir is an award-winning, auditioned ensemble of around 25 singers. It is open to NTU students, staff and alumni.
The NTU Chamber Choir sing a varied repertoire from baroque to contemporary music.
Rehearsals take place on Wednesdays (term time only) between 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm in the Ensemble Room at the Music Centre on the City Campus.
The NTU Chamber Choir has performed in lots of exciting concerts and events over the last few years. Highlights include:
- March 2017: Mass in Blue at Southwell Minster
- December 2017: Christmas Lunchtime Concert at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- November 2016: North Wales Choral Festival at Venue Cymru, Llandudno.
- April 2016: with Russell Watson, during his tour, at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- April 2016: Dream of Gerontius with the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- April 2016: the Sagrada Familia, Monserrat Abbey, Barcelona Cathedral
Each year the NTU Chamber Choir embark on an international tour, which gives members the opportunities to visit and perform in different countries around the world. Tour destinations include:
- 2018: South Africa (Tshwane, World Choir Games)
- 2017: India (Delhi and Chandigarh)
- 2016: Spain (Barcelona and Torrevieja)
- 2015: Hungary (Budapest)
- 2014: Czech Republic (Prague)
- 2013: Spain (Torrevieja)
Audition for the NTU Chamber Choir
Auditions for the Chamber Choir usually take place in the week following Welcome Week, in Term One. During the audition you will sing a song of your choice and perform a short piece of sight reading.
If you would like more information about auditioning for the Chamber Choir please contact us.