Who are we?
The NTU Choir is the largest choir at the University, consisting of over 150 singers. It is open to students, staff and members of the local community, with a non-audition policy. Under the guidance of the Director of Music, singers of all abilities come together every week during term time.
The choir sing a varied repertoire to suit all tastes, and performs at least one concert every term at various venues across the city.
The annual Nottingham Trent University Spring Concert has given the choir the opportunity to sing alongside world famous orchestras and distinguished soloists. Previous large-scale performances have included:
- April 2017: A Night on Broadway, with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and West-End star, Kerry Ellis
- April 2016: The Dream of Gerontius by Edward Elgar, with The Philharmonia Orchestra and internationally recognised soloists Toby Spence, David Soar and Rebecca Afonwy Jones
- November 2015: The Star Wars Saga, with the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- March 2015: The Peacemakers by Karl Jenkins, with Cantamus Girls Choir and The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
- March 2014: A Night at the West End, with the London Philharmonic Orchestra and Kerry Ellis
- April 2013: Last Night of the Proms, with the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
We rehearse on Tuesdays (term time only) between 6.15 pm and 8.30 pm in the Ensemble Room at the Music Centre.
Join the choir!
We are always looking to expand the NTU Choir. If you would like more information on joining the NTU Choir, please email us.