QS Stars from Quacquarelli Symonds
NBS has achieved four (4*) QS Stars from Quacquarelli Symonds, in one of the world's most visible assessments of business school standards and quality. The new QS Stars Business Schools is a rating system providing an in-depth evaluation of business schools on a range of key performance indicators.
Developed from the QS Stars Universities rating system, QS Stars Business Schools uses a methodology designed to assess criteria of particular relevance for institutes specialising in business education. A Four-Star business school is acknowledged as being highly international, demonstrating excellence in both research and teaching.
In addition to the School's overall four star ranking, we have been awarded five stars (5*) in five of nine categories including:
- Facilities (IT infrastructure, library facilities, sports and catering facilities)
- Internationalisation and Diversity (international diversity, gender balance / ethnic mix, academic partnerships, percentage of international faculty and students)
- Teaching and Student Quality (faculty-student ratio, satisfaction with teaching / percentage of faculty with a PhD, completion rate/talent attraction)
- Engagement (community investment and development, scholarships and bursaries, regional human capital development)
- Programme Strength (graduate employment rate, average years' work experience / completion, student satisfaction / accreditation, faculty-student ratio, applications per place).
The QS Business Schools Stars system offers students, parents and stakeholders a detailed comparative tool focusing on an individual institution's excellence and achievement in specific areas.