Why study an MSc at NBS
Nottingham Business School (NBS) is a thriving part of Nottingham Trent University (NTU). We are internationally renowned as one of the best business schools in the UK, providing excellent education and research that has a powerful, positive impact on careers, businesses and the global community.
Our postgraduate courses are an exceptional opportunity to discover who you can be, as you learn from expert academics and business leaders with outstanding international reputations. We have one of the largest, most diverse faculties of any business school, bringing you innovation theories, huge business experience and inspiring, supportive teaching.
Connection to business
We have 600+ connections with business and industry around the world, providing you with a vast international network of professionals.
- All of our courses are overseen by a group of advisers that includes international employers and alumni, ensuring course content is up to date and relevant to business needs.
- We run a graduate recruitment fair and other industry-focused careers events each year, giving students the chance to meet graduate employers and find out about future employment opportunities and internships.
- Our MSc Marketing suite is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- Our MSc Management suite is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
- Our MSc Human Resource Management course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
A truly international experience
We are committed to providing each of our students with an education and experience with an international perspective, no matter which course you choose to study.
- We work with over 80 partner institutions around the world, which provide study abroad and summer school opportunities.
- We have an outstanding international reputation and attract a global community of students and staff from more than 80 countries.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in summer schools hosted by our partners across the world.
- Our MSc International Business students get the chance to go on a two-week study tour, seeing industry on an international scale. They also have the opportunity to spend a semester studying abroad, and are able to undertake an international internship.
A supportive learning environment
Students consistently comment that they feel part of a positive, welcoming and supportive community during their time here.
- Our generous scholarship scheme offers financial support from the start.
- Our MSc courses include comprehensive academic and professional development, including a 'life-changing' residential course and a programme of personal and career development events.
- International students benefit from free weekly English language support.
- We provide you with the tools to succeed – all full-time MSc students benefit from a full subscription to FT.com. We also provide leading software such as Qualtrics, Nvivo and SPSS, and help with the cost of core texts through the Blackwell's bursary card scheme.
- We build a thriving postgraduate community and run a number of social events throughout the year to enable staff and students to network and make friends.
We provide a truly inspiring environment in which to study and socialize, all within a city centre setting. Nottingham Trent University has invested close to £350m in estates, equipment and staff.
- Nottingham Business School is based in the Newton building, a multimillion pound, fully refurbished Grade II listed building at the heart of the City Campus.
- IT facilities are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with wireless Internet connectivity across all campuses.
- Nottingham Trent University boasts one of the best Students' Union buildings in the UK.
- The Boots Library on the City Campus houses over half a million books, as well as journals and eJournals, and is currently undergoing a £4.2 million refurbishment.
- Nottingham provides more sports facilities per head of population than anywhere else in Europe.
Want to find out more?
We have open days throughout the year giving you plenty of opportunity to come visit us, see our fantastic facilities, meet our students and academics giving you chance to find out what it is really like to study here, don’t just take our word for it!