For law and non-law graduates, Nottingham Law School offers three routes to qualification as a solicitor or barrister. These are driven by our unique experience of legal training at all levels and our strong practice links, which will ensure that you get the best start to your professional career.
Find out more information about your specific professional course using our course finder.
- Graduate Diploma in Law
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distance learning)
- LLM Legal Practice Course
- LLM Legal Practice Course (Part-time)
- LLM Bar Professional Training Course
Professional courses scholarships
We also offer a number of competitive scholarships for our LLM LPC, LLM BPTC, and GDL. For full details, please visit our scholarships page.
We hold a number of open events for our professional courses that provide you with the opportunity to experience our teaching, support services, and facilities.
Why study a professional course at Nottingham Law School?
- Nottingham Law School is one of the largest law schools in the UK, providing courses for every stage of legal training.
- The School has a reputation for excellence in delivering the LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC) for intending solicitors, the LLM Bar Professional Training Course (LLM BPTC) for intending barristers, and the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) conversion course for non-law graduates.
- Flexible study options allow you to study the GDL via distance learning and the LLM LPC part-time, which will enable you to combine study with work and other commitments.
- We offer a dedicated careers and recruitment service, which will provide you with as much guidance and assistance as possible in your search for a training contract or pupillage. Our careers consultants have a wealth of experience and success helping students to obtain those important first positions.
- We run an innovative pro bono programme and multi-award-winning Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- We offer the LLM Legal Practice Distance Learning. Students who successfully complete the LPC or BPTC can 'top-up' their studies to a Masters degree by studying the LLM Legal Practice by distance learning.
- As the Law School is part of a university, you will experience a community atmosphere unrivalled by professional providers. You will also have access to extensive teaching, library and sports facilities.
- Other facilities include our suite of courtrooms which enable students to hone their advocacy skills in a realistic setting.
- Our professional courses are very popular and we produce the largest number of Law students taking professional qualifications (latest HESA data 2016-17).
Erasmus+ Master Loan
The Erasmus+ programme makes it possible for students who want to study a full Masters-level degree in another country to apply for an Erasmus-backed loan on affordable conditions. Of our professional courses, both our LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC) and LLM Bar Practice Training Course (LLM BPTC) are considered Masters qualifications. For full details, visit the Erasmus+ web page.
Career Development Loans
Part-subsidised Career Development Loans are available for students on the GDL. Visit Gov.uk for more information.
Please note This scheme will be closed to new applicants from 25 January 2019, and students must have started their course by 24 March 2019.
Our Masters in Law (LLM) courses
To find out more about our LLM courses, please visit our LLM courses page.
Our practitioner courses
If you are interested in a professional career in the laws surrounding intellectual property, please visit the practitioner courses page.
If you have any queries about our professional courses, please contact us.
Nottingham Law School supports the Law Society Diversity Access Scheme.