Mission and vision
Here at the School of Social Sciences, we aim to make a difference to society and the lives of those within it.
Our Mission is:
To be a School of Social Sciences whose staff, students, and graduates enrich and influence the lives of individuals, communities and societies.
Our School ambitions are:
- To foster a culture that values the diversity of all our communities and publicises and celebrates excellence in all we do.
- To create a vibrant and inclusive learning and teaching environment grounded in scholarship, research, and professional practice.
- To be recognised nationally and internationally for our theoretically informed and applied research.
- To develop an internationally mobile community that transforms our scholarship.
- Through our strategic partnerships, we will seek to influence and shape civic, cultural, and social life.
- To maximise the employability of our students through our curriculum and engagement with our external partners.