Graduands are advised to be in Nottingham city centre at least two hours before the ceremony start time. This will allow sufficient time for you to collect your gown and for photographs to be taken. Please note, to ensure the ceremonies start on time, the student registration desks at the rear of the Royal Concert Hall (for Monday and Tuesday ceremonies) will be closed 45 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Unfortunately, late attendees cannot be assured admittance.
- University staff and dignitaries process on to the stage / into the hall.
- A welcome speech will be read by a member of the University Executive Team.
- Student names are read out and the graduands process across the stage.
- At some ceremonies, an award will be made to an Honorary Graduate of the University.
- There will be an address to students and graduates. The member of University staff that gives this depends on the ceremony.
- A graduate proposes a short vote of thanks.
- The platform party exits, followed by students and guests.
The ceremony takes approximately one and a half hours for the Royal Concert Hall and under one hour for the University Hall ceremonies. Graduation hats should be worn onstage, and at the beginning and end of the ceremony. Visitors can take photographs, but are asked to stay seated throughout the proceedings.
Your ceremony will be recorded and available online within a few weeks of the ceremony's conclusion. You will be able to view this online and also download without charge.