Graduands are advised to be in Nottingham city centre at least two and a half hours before the ceremony. This will allow sufficient time for you to collect your academic dress and for photographs to be taken. Please note, to ensure the ceremonies start on time, the student registration desks at the rear of the Royal Concert Hall will be closed 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Unfortunately, late attendees cannot be assured admittance.
- University staff and dignitaries process on to the stage.
- Student names are read out, usually in groups of three, and the graduands process across the stage.
- At some ceremonies, an award will be made to an Honorary Graduate of the University.
- The Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor gives an address.
- A graduate proposes a short vote of thanks.
- The platform party exits the stage.
The ceremony takes approximately one and a half hours. Graduation hats should be worn onstage, and at the beginning and end of the ceremony. Visitors can take photographs, but are asked to stay seated throughout the proceedings.
Your ceremony will be recorded and available online within a few weeks of the ceremony's conclusion. You will be able to view this online and also download and burn it to disc without charge.
Graduation does not mean goodbye. Once you graduate you are a valued member of the NTU Alumni Association and you have joined the ranks of over 120,000 other alumni worldwide. For further information visit the Alumni Association website, or come and meet the alumni staff who will be available on the day of your ceremony in the Newton building.