What are the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) and how do I apply?
Please see our Funding your support section.

I've had permission to arrange an Assessment of Needs/Top u Assessment. What should I do now?
We have an Assessment centre at Nottingham Trent University and you should call +44 (0)115 848 3495 to organise an appointment. You can also visit the Disabled Students' Allowance Quality Assurance Group website and search for an Assessment centre in the UK.

How long is the waiting list?
We aim to meet our Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of booking assessments in within three weeks of your first point of contact. If we are not able to book you in at our centre we will assist you with arranging an assessment at another centre or book you in for our next available appointment.

I've applied for DSA but have not heard anything?
You will need to call the Student Finance England +44 (0)845 300 50 90.

During assessment

I've had my assessment, but I'm not sure what to do next?
If your assessment was at our Assessment centre and you have a query about it then you should call +44 (0)115 8483495 or email us. If you've had an assessment at another centre then you should call them. A list of centres is available at the Disabled Students' Allowance Quality Assurance Group website.

How do I order equipment now that I have had my assessment?
You need to read the letter that you are sent from Student Finance England, this will tell you how to order the equipment. The usual way to order the equipment is for you to call the company recommended in the letter. The company will need to see a copy of the letter. For more information visit the Disabled Students' Allowance Quality Assurance Group website.

If you need support in ordering your equipment, you should contact your Disability Officer at the University.

After assessment

I have had an assessment at NTU Assessment Centre and want to make changes.
You should telephone +44 (0)115 848 3495 or email us briefly outlining what changes need to be made.

I had my assessment some time ago but needs more equipment / Support?
You should telephone +44 (0)115 848 3495 or email us outlining briefly what you want.

I've been allowed photocopying, books, internet etc but don't know how to claim this money back.
You can use the claim form to claim back money from the DSA general allowance, send this with receipts to: Student Finance Direct Processing Unit, Memphis Building, Lingfield Point, PO Box 89, Mowden Hall, Darlington, DL1 1AS.

The computer equipment given to me through DSA has broken, who do I need to speak to?
You should call the company that supplied the equipment as there will be a maintenance agreement in place to cover most repairs.

I've lost / had my laptop stolen. Can I borrow one?
The library have a limited number which are available for use within the library for up to four hours. If you have a disability then contact the relevant Disability Officer.

What if I'm not happy with the service?
Please talk to your assessor or the Assessment Centre Administrator first. If you would then like to make a formal complaint, please write to the Student Support Services (Disability Services) Manager at the Student Services Centre at the City site.