These pages explain the study support available at NTU and how you can access it. Support can come from both within your course and from specialists outside it.
Studying at university is a rewarding and, at times, challenging experience. A great deal of advice is available from sources such as your course handbook and module handbooks. If you don't understand a particular problem, you should always start by talking to the tutor involved. Find out about the academic support available at NTU.
Access your course timetable, module information and learning resources. Talk to your peers and tutors.
Find a specific book, image, database or journal, searching by title or subject.
- Finding appropriate subject information;
- Referencing and plagiarism, including RefWorks and Turnitin;
- Study Skills, such as time management and critical thinking;
- Dissertation support;
- Academic writing, including structuring an essay and writing literature reviews;
- Maths and statistics, including averages, algebra, Excel and SPSS;