The NTU observatory provides fantastic and innovative opportunities for schools and members of the local community to explore and experience astronomy in all its fantastic facets.
In addition to our regular Open Dome Events, we offer a range of outreach projects, workshops, master classes and summer schools that aim to introduce and encourage the understanding of astronomy. Some examples are:
- All you wanted to know about the Moon (Key Stage 1 and beyond)
- Meteors and craters (Key Stage 1 - 3)
- A Citizen of the Sky (Key Stage 2 - 3)
- Archaeo-astronomy (Key Stage 2 and beyond)
- Distances in astronomy (Key Stage 4 and beyond)
- Stars and their spectra (Key Stage 4 and beyond)
- Solar projects (Key Stage 4 and beyond).