Advice and support

Who can help?

Student Financial Support Service

You can come to us for advice if you have any Student Finance or money related queries or issues. We recommend that you seek guidance about the possible financial implications before you make any major decisions about your course.
Our team can give you advice and guidance on:

  • entitlement to Government loans for your tuition fees and living costs
  • funding postgraduate study including Government postgraduate loans
  • how your funding can be affected if your circumstances change, including if you need to withdraw, suspend your studies or make some other change to your course of study
  • eligibility for additional funding and benefits if you have children, adult dependants, have a long-term health conditions or are disabled
  • submitting ‘compelling personal reasons’ applications / formal appeals to the Student Loans Company
  • maximising your income, money management and budgeting advice
  • applying to the Discretionary Hardship Fund and other available funds
  • the availability of funding if you have studied in higher education before or are repeating some of your studies
  • NTU Bursaries
  • referrals for specialist advice (e.g. debt advice)

You do not have to be experiencing financial difficulties to use this service. Our advisers can work with you to maximise your income. We can also help you to plan a realistic budget to prevent problems from arising.

We are located in the Student Services Centre on the City Campus. You can also collect application forms and make appointments for financial advice at the Student Centre on the Clifton Campus and at Brackenhurst Campus. Telephone +44 (0)115 848 2494 or email the Student Financial Support Service to book an appointment.

What if I'm not happy with the service?

Please talk to your adviser or the administrator first. If you would then like to make a formal complaint, please write to the Student Services Manager (Frontline Services) at the Student Services Centre at the City Campus.





Student Services desks
Student chatting to a counsellor
A student chatting