Feeling unhappy or unwell?

Feeling unhappy?

Sometimes life feels difficult and you may not be sure what to do. This can be especially hard to deal with while at university. You may:

  • not be enjoying life at NTU
  • have something on your mind
  • be struggling with your course
  • be feeling overwhelmed or homesick
  • not be eating or sleeping properly
  • be thinking of leaving NTU.

If so, it would be helpful to see your GP or check out our staying healthy pages for useful advice and information. If you are not registered with a local doctor, you can find out more information by visiting the Health Centres webpages.

You may also find it helpful to talk to some friends or family members to get their support.

If you are not sure who would be able to help, you might also want to talk to someone in Student Support Services.call us on +44 (0)115 848 6060 or Email Student Support.

If you feel really low or ill, please see your GP or call the NHS 111 line.

Wellbeing Services

You can also self-refer to the Wellbeing Services  by visiting the Wellbeing Services webpage and submitting the short online form. 

You may also find our online Health and wellbeing self-help resources useful.


Your university work

If how you are feeling is affecting your studies, you can arrange to see your personal or year tutor for advice and support. Your course administrator would be able to put you in touch with the relevant members of staff to contact and advise you on any steps you may need to take to make any academic arrangements. The administrator’s details will be in the course handbook on Nottingham Trent University Online Workspace (NOW). Specific study support is also available from specialist advisers and student mentors.



Student in counselling
Students talking