Student Exchange Buddies
Are you preparing to go on your overseas exchange/work placement? OR are you thinking of going on overseas as part of your course?
Contact our friendly team of Student Exchange Buddies for advice on what it’s like to be a new student in a different country and in to be part of a new culture! Our buddies have recently returned from working, studying or volunteering abroad themselves so have lots of experiences, hints and tips to share with you. Whether it’s advice on what to pack, how to find accommodation, where to eat or the best ways to make new friends – they are happy to share their knowledge with you and remember, there is no such thing as a silly question!
Email them any time and they’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also join their Facebook group to connect with them, other students who are about to go overseas and with some of the exchange students who have joined us at NTU from all over the world!
Global Summer School student buddies
Become a Global Summer School student buddy!
Are you staying in Nottingham this summer? Do you love NTU and Nottingham? Are you interested in developing your skills and your CV? Want to gain international experience right here on your campus?
Global Summer School (GSS) is a summer programme which welcomes students from around the world to study at NTU. The courses are two to four weeks in duration from 8 July to 9 August 2019. There are a range of courses available across different subjects from Architecture to Sociology.
NTU Global is running a competition to recruit Global Summer School student buddies who will win a place on a two-week summer school course alongside the international students. Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded 10 credit points* which will be recorded on your diploma supplement (HEAR).
As a part of the student buddy role you’ll help us welcome, support, and offer friendship to our international summer school students.
The duties include:
- pre-arrival welcome and support by email
- taking students on short city-tours
- meeting students and bringing them to their welcome and induction sessions
- showing them around the campus
- accompanying them on arranged social activities during the evenings
- encouraging students to attend the Global Community Lunch at Global Lounges
- attending and supporting the farewell parties
- accompanying students on a UK city trip and local sightseeing activities.
Take a look at the NTU Global Summer School page to find out more about the programme!
*These points will not count towards your degree
Exchange Buddy Scheme (SEB)
Applications are now open for our 2019/20 Student Exchange Buddy Scheme (SEB) – this is a voluntary position in which you can use all of the experience and skills you gained from your time abroad and continue to advance your international experience on campus!
- Use your experience to offer help, friendship, support and guidance to European and International students who are about to join us at NTU, and to NTU students who are preparing to start their overseas exchange!
- Help us to promote study abroad and exchange opportunities by sharing your experiences with NTU students in at least 3 of our events (Global Opportunities Showcase, Open Days, Global Week, Pre-departure Sessions and Incoming students’ welcome sessions).
In return you will receive a t-shirt, funding to host events and create interactive stands at events, be part of our ‘thank you’ evening and, of course, being an NTU Student Exchange Buddy would be a great addition to your CV as it also appears on your Diploma Supplement!!
You must be available (and in Nottingham) in the last week of September 2019 to help us to welcome new exchange students to NTU!
Deadline for applications is 5 May 2019. To apply download the application form . A training session will be held before the end of the summer term.