Household income

Current year income assessments 

Student finance applications are usually assessed on the last complete tax year before student finance applications open for the academic year in question. However, if your household income has dropped by at least 15% since this time, you can ask to be assessed on the current tax year instead. In order to do this, you will need to complete a 2018/19 Current Year Income Assessment form.

Once complete, you will need to send this form to your National Student Finance Service.

Please note, you still need to submit your 2016/17 financial assessment details on the Student Finance England website

More information about income assessments is available on the website. You can also find out what to do if your income or family circumstances change.

Further advice

If you are experiencing financial difficulties or need further advice, please contact the Student Financial Support Service on +44 (0)115 848 2494 or via email. Our Student Finance Advisers can offer advice and guidance with managing your money and will also be able to provide both budgeting and debt advice.