Visas and immigration

The following pages contain information on the type of visa you need to commence and continue your studies at NTU as well as advice on applying for a visa and guidance about CAS numbers.

They will also help you to understand the specific responsibilities of both students who have a Tier 4 visa and the University, and the impact changes to your course can have on your Tier 4 visa.

Tier 4 visas

The International Student Support Service is able to provide guidance to students who need to apply for a Tier 4 visa in order to study at NTU. Check our quick reference guide applying for your Tier 4 visaPDF icon for a brief outline of the different stages applicants will need to go through to be able to apply for a Tier 4 visa.

Visit our sections on applying from outside the UK and applying from inside the UK for detailed information about the Tier 4 visa application processes both in-country and overseas.

Short term study visas

Students studying at NTU on a course lasting less than six months might be interested in reading our guidance on short-term study visas.

Applying for a visa for your graduation

Students who need to apply for a visa to attend their graduation ceremony are advised to read our guidance note on applying for a visitor visa for your graduationPDF icon .





A globe of flags